Sunday, February 12, 2012

Gainer's Anthems

Didn't everyone have this on cassette growing up?
It's Grammy's Sunday so I figured it was a decent time to put some of my favorite songs (sports related somehow, even if it just pumps you up!).

So here goes my top 15!

#15
In honor of the passing of the legend Whitney Houston, here is her Star Spangled Banner during the Super Bowl.  Frankly, it's also a song that everyone correlates with sporting events.  Amazing job as always...

#14
It's a childhood favorite of mine and I don't care that it's really not a song, go Braves!

#13
I ruined a Christmas with this song and it's still one of my all-time faves because it's awesome

#12
Never saw this movie but I frequently find it on my iPod because it's not just the music but the lyrics too

#11
Every two years I literally turn on the TV just to hear this song and then change the channel if it's some obscure sport

#10
I know this is pretty recent but this song is just epic
#9
Charlie Sheen #winning

#8
Space Jam, MJ, Michael Buffer!!!!!!!!!!!

#7
This song has probably led to numerous deaths of punches to the face

#6
Journey...enough said

#5a
OZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYY...what an intro

#5b
AC/DC...again, what an intro



#4
Most people just call it the Chariots of Fire theme, check out the movie sometime because I know most of you haven't actually seen it

#3
All I remember is freshman year basketball before the games, the locker room got a little crazy

#2
Eye of the Tiger is amazing, don't get me wrong but this actual theme song trumps it

#1a
I was like Emiliooooooooooooooooooooooo

#1b
Just defines a sporting event